The First Steps Academy is a work place serving families in the neighborhood and surrounding areas. We are committed to offer quality child care based on appropriate developmental practices that support and encourage the development of each child that is under our care. All this, so the child may reach his/her full potential.
We are committed to providing an environment where the children may develop positive feelings of themselves, like God loves each of them individually.
The guiding principles that help us achieve our mission include:
- Knowing and respecting the proper developmental principles.
- Establishing a partnership with parents.
- Serving as a role model to the children by conducting ourselves with integrity, honesty, loyalty, fairness and kindness.
- Providing an atmosphere where the children and the adults will enrich themselves, that promotes curiosity, friendships, joy, self-esteem, humour and respect for others and for the environment.
- Respecting each child’s individuality by making sure that they are loved, respected, committed and stimulated properly in their daily activities and interactions.
- Keeping up to date with trends and research regarding the development of children.
- Recognizing the needs and seeking appropriate external resources when needed.
- Ensuring that every child’s developmental needs are met.
- Using Christian principles.